Denied Remove the level requirements from wepmods

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Lite
This might be a bit controversial, but hear me out. Currently the most unrewarding system in place is leveling guns to mod them. A lot of guns are really fun with mods, but totally unbearable without them (which is its own issue). And I don't think I need to explain how long it takes to level a gun to 50. If you spend the time and resources to get a gun and the mods in the first place, why should you have to wait an additional week or month before you can actually use them?

Now there are a few things to address here:
1) Leveling guns gives players something to chase and increases the longevity of the server. -while this is true, people primarily play to chase shards and guns, with levels on guns being an additional benefit
2) What would happen with the leveling system then? - It would remain in place as is, you'd still be able to level guns for stat trak and nametags, but I imagine we would add some extra incentive for leveling guns. If not, your gun level just becomes another indicator of how much time you've invested into the gun.
3) This would make tier 1 and 2 mods useless. - I disagree. They're still useful for crafting up, crafting mod removers, testing builds without paying for the tier 3 versions, and using the lower tier versions to reduce the negative effects on some mods.
4) This would make it really hard for new players to get into the game because more people would have op guns. - Maybe, but in another way it would be a lot easier for new players to get into the game. They no longer have to focus on leveling guns before they can play on a balanced field.
5) Added bonus - This makes mod removers more valuable because you wouldn't be able to prestige a gun to take the mods off.

TL;DR: leveling guns to put mods on them sucks, remove the level requirements on guns.

• Dislike
Reactions: Sorcs and MemeDaddy

Silly

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite
ok but why?

• Dislike
Reactions: MiGGo

Goose

Crescent Lite
Based on what i've seen so far from prestige update #Soom, levels and prestiging will change a bit, and maybe this will affect the wepmods as well?
I wouldn't be too hasty on changing the levels for wepmods until this prestige update comes around. Maybe then.

Reactions: Opalium

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Lite
Based on what i've seen so far from prestige update #Soom, levels and prestiging will change a bit, and maybe this will affect the wepmods as well?
I wouldn't be too hasty on changing the levels for wepmods until this prestige update comes around. Maybe then.
That's true. Part of the motivation for writing this now is to give veri and opal some ideas before they make big changes in case this is something that they decide to consider.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Indeed, weapon levels are getting a complete overhaul in the upcoming update. With the new mechanics they will be tied to, I believe most of the claims in this thread will be addressed. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Sorcs and Pigeon

Flynn

Lurker
Crescent Lite
Indeed, weapon levels are getting a complete overhaul in the upcoming update. With the new mechanics they will be tied to, I believe most of the claims in this thread will be addressed. Stay tuned.
Hype

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Lite
Yeah, currently it feels terrible if you’re new and the first exotic you unbox is a level 3 weapon mod. Like, yeah they can scrap it but it’s usually not worth doing so. I feel like you should be able to use it immediately. We’ll just have to see what is getting changed in the update to see what direction it is going towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.