Forums Reward People for Being Active

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
A Minecraft server that I played on used to reward people for interacting with the forums. The rewards weren't crazy great, but they did seem to work. Currently, the only reason why people go onto the forums are to post suggestions or appeal a ban.

My idea is having a daily login reward for just visiting the forums and maybe add rewards for the trophies that come from being active on the forum.

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
That would definitely be cool. Maybe it could be a combination of messages sent/reactions done and time spent on the forums, but it would be calculated in a way to where if you're on for 2 hours but not interacting with anything it doesnt count or if you're on for 5 minutes and sent 50 messages it won't count.

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
That would definitely be cool. Maybe it could be a combination of messages sent/reactions done and time spent on the forums, but it would be calculated in a way to where if you're on for 2 hours but not interacting with anything it doesnt count or if you're on for 5 minutes and sent 50 messages it won't count.
The issue with that is then we'll get reaction and message spam. Something such as a daily login and just reaching existing milestones would probably be enough in my opinion. Just the act of opening the website daily would promote people to browse recent postings. Such a system that you proposed would be cool but at the same time would take a lot more time to implement.

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
The issue with that is then we'll get reaction and message spam. Something such as a daily login and just reaching existing milestones would probably be enough in my opinion. Just the act of opening the website daily would promote people to browse recent postings. Such a system that you proposed would be cool but at the same time would take a lot more time to implement.
Yeah I thought about people spamming, that's why I said it would be good to implement a system to where if people are spamming it won't credit them. So for example if you send 50 messages within like a 5 minute time frame it wont count.

TheDrunkenMagi

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity

Agreed. Imo The only acceptable Forum Daily Task would be to mark all new messages as read. The achievements are also a good system for providing rewards. Maybe like cosmetic (most of the in-game market is guns) crates that need to be handed out by an Admin or higher staff member. Would create more staff work, but would allow them to hold off on the reward if foul-play is suspected.

Reactions: Demon

Torbjörn

Crescent Infinity
Agreed. Imo The only acceptable Forum Daily Task would be to mark all new messages as read. The achievements are also a good system for providing rewards. Maybe like cosmetic (most of the in-game market is guns) crates that need to be handed out by an Admin or higher staff member. Would create more staff work, but would allow them to hold off on the reward if foul-play is suspected.
I think it could be automatic, in my opinion it's pretty obvious when someone is just spamming. We probably even have some anti-spam system that's built-in to Xenforo running behind the scenes.