Weapon sawed off shotgun (secondary)

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Yu_no_hu

Crescent Plus
The sawed off from csgo imo should be the next gun to be added

It would be a secondary
because we already have all of the shotguns necessary for primarys

the suggested stats would be

damage: 13 x 5
rate of fire: 55
accuracy: 55% stats are subject to change of course
recoil: 60%
clip: 2
headshot multiplier: 2.5

to one shot at close range it takes two pellets to hit head and rest body shots

its an all or nothing gun and i think it would fit into crescents meta very snug

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
We'd just need to ensure that it's balanced in a way to where it wouldn't be more powerful than the current shotgun lineup while still remaining relevant as a secondary. I'd love to see this gun in game though!

Baker

Dazed & Confused
Crescent Plus
Shotgun secondaries? Please no I've had enough of that crap in COD.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
I'm finding it hard to justify this. I like the idea a lot, but it would have to be weaker than the existing shotguns. That isn't unreasonable or difficult to implement on its own, but then it's really hard to justify its use against other secondaries. Most secondaries right now are viable on their own, and those that aren't are always being looked at to balance. In short, I think it would be really hard to find a good balance between weaker than the other shotguns, and competitive among the other secondaries. Otherwise, I'm all for it.

edit: just realized torb said the exact same thing

TheDrunkenMagi

Hardcore Member
Crescent Plus
I'm finding it hard to justify this. I like the idea a lot, but it would have to be weaker than the existing shotguns. That isn't unreasonable or difficult to implement on its own, but then it's really hard to justify its use against other secondaries. Most secondaries right now are viable on their own, and those that aren't are always being looked at to balance. In short, I think it would be really hard to find a good balance between weaker than the other shotguns, and competitive among the other secondaries. Otherwise, I'm all for it.

edit: just realized torb said the exact same thing
We'd just need to ensure that it's balanced in a way to where it wouldn't be more powerful than the current shotgun lineup while still remaining relevant as a secondary. I'd love to see this gun in game though!
If it's too difficult to balance a secondary shotgun such that it wouldn't be stronger than primary shotguns while still being relevant compared to other secondaries then you are admitting that primary shotguns are as weak as secondaries. Which should not be the case.
Sounds like shotguns need a buff (a sentiment I've seen frequently repeated in many other conversations) so that they're as strong as the other primaries. Then the balancing of this weapon should be simple to implement.