Other Send trade offer to an offline player using SteamID

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

MiGGo

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Ok so this should probably be doable faster than discord/website trading, so I think it'd be cool if you could send a trade offer in-game to someone by using their SteamID.

I've seen a lot of situations where people make a deal on the discord, but then they are never able to get on the server at the same time due to timezone differences. You could send your trade offer while the other one is offline and then the other person sees it when they come online.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
This would be a cool idea but at the same time it could be abused to harass people with trades. Maybe once a blocking system is implemented this should be considered. Or like what Steam has where you have a trade ID that is unique to you and can be regenerated with the push of a button. Great idea though!

Reactions: Demon

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Plus
I agree with torb, but I think the solution is either limit this to sending one trade at a time, allowing the player to block specific people from sending trades, and/or allowing people to limit the number of trade offers they can receive while offline.

Love the idea, +1

Lavernius Tucker

Monky
Crescent Plus
+1
I think miggo made this post only because him and I are almost never on at the same time and it's made trading annoying as FUCK

McLovin

Crescent Plus
Crazy how this suggestion has been up for 9 months and hasn't been accepted. Basically necessary if you want to trade with someone on the other side of the world and can rarely be on at the same time as them.

+1

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
Crazy how this suggestion has been up for 9 months and hasn't been accepted. Basically necessary if you want to trade with someone on the other side of the world and can rarely be on at the same time as them.

+1
Yeah, it sounds simple but implementing such a feature would probably require a rewrite of a lot of code. They might be able to create it as a "market listing" where you can set the privacy of it to the Steam ID of another user or something but this will take time to implement for sure.

Reactions: TheSpookenDoot