Serious Serious Talks

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Shelbutt

Feel like this is an important thread to always have in any community.

Any and all posts here must be serious, please do not troll or make joke posts.
Feel free to vent any frustrations, issues you may be going through, or anything that you need to get off your chest. Any topic is ok (Unless otherwise stated by staff ofc) and if advice is wanted please state so (or vice versa)

People who respond to someone, please try to respond maturely. And please follow when a member says they don't want advice, please actually respect their wishes

I'm almost always available to talk (You can always shoot me a message and I WILL respond) if anyone ever needs an ear or advice, or just someone to vent to without fear of judgment. No matter who you are, if you come to me I promise you will get no judgment from me.

Reactions: Nebula and Mickey
Sound funny, it really isn't. About a week ago a military recruiter I have been speaking with decided to come over to my house and speak with me unannounced. In the process of parking he ran over my mailbox (It is over the curb!) and screwed up my grass. He said he will pay for the damages but never did. I'm trying to get a hold of his commander but I haven't heard from either of them yet. I don't know if I should press charges or what. I got yesterday one of those automated emails saying that he will be on vacation for the next week or so. I'm not entirely sure how to approach this situation.

Nebula

𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚗
Crescent Lite
So, I am getting closer and closer to graduating and I am getting really scared and nervous about what is going to happen after High School. I have plans on what to do after, but its two routes.

One route is going straight into College and using aid from the Army by working for them in their kitchen to pay part of the fee's that surely will pile up as the year goes by.

2nd route is taking a gap year and working that whole time and getting more comfortable with my cooking skills by working in kitchens and/or testing out recipes and sharpening my skills.

I don't really know what to do really. I have been getting mad spikes of anxiety thinking about this year and realizing this is the last one, soon I will be an adult, and I am not prepared. I need advice on things to do, how do you all handle the stress of working and living alone (or paying rent alongside roommates) what do I need to do and/or learn to do.

---

On another note, I have been struggling with vision blurriness, sometimes blackouts randomly, weakness in the arms

I know that I need to drink more water (currently I rarely ever drink water because of my distaste for it - I previously got better with that but then I stopped again.)
I know I need more sleep (currently I get roughly 4-5 hours of sleep each night because of my Insomnia - I can't take medication at the moment because for some reason I can't swallow pills - on the weekends I get roughly 8-10 hours though.)

I have not gone in yet for this, I know, it's stupid. But I am afraid after doing a lot of pondering and thinking, we have decided it could be one of these few things;

Orthostatic hypotension (postural hypotension)
Just an effect of Lack of Sleep/Dehydration
And it's more likely to not be true, but Hypoglycemia which we pretty sure it's not the cause.

Black_Knight

Crescent Lite
So, I am getting closer and closer to graduating and I am getting really scared and nervous about what is going to happen after High School. I have plans on what to do after, but its two routes.

One route is going straight into College and using aid from the Army by working for them in their kitchen to pay part of the fee's that surely will pile up as the year goes by.

2nd route is taking a gap year and working that whole time and getting more comfortable with my cooking skills by working in kitchens and/or testing out recipes and sharpening my skills.

I don't really know what to do really. I have been getting mad spikes of anxiety thinking about this year and realizing this is the last one, soon I will be an adult, and I am not prepared. I need advice on things to do, how do you all handle the stress of working and living alone (or paying rent alongside roommates) what do I need to do and/or learn to do.

---

On another note, I have been struggling with vision blurriness, sometimes blackouts randomly, weakness in the arms

I know that I need to drink more water (currently I rarely ever drink water because of my distaste for it - I previously got better with that but then I stopped again.)
I know I need more sleep (currently I get roughly 4-5 hours of sleep each night because of my Insomnia - I can't take medication at the moment because for some reason I can't swallow pills - on the weekends I get roughly 8-10 hours though.)

I have not gone in yet for this, I know, it's stupid. But I am afraid after doing a lot of pondering and thinking, we have decided it could be one of these few things;

And it's more likely to not be true, but Hypoglycemia which we pretty sure it's not the cause.
It seems you're a bit too stressed to continue with your life. I'd recommend after graduating, to take a moment to catch your breath and sort out your future plans properly after you've sorted out your personal issues. Don't instantly jump to the next stage of your life if you can't calm down to brace your future fully. It doesn't really take much to shift to adulthood, as long as you start working towards it instead of being afraid from it.
You should slowly, step by step, start putting effort towards the future. If cooking is something you like doing, you could start working in kitchens, altough, as someone who has experience(not a lot but enough) in that area I must say that a workplace like that is no walk in the park and if you can't take care of yourself with proper sleep, food etc... I'd avoid working there, at least until you manage to work on yourself. That's why taking time for yourself is important and not just jump into adulthood straight away. If you have any friends or family that can help you, do try to let them help you if you can't do everything yourself, there's no reason to struggle if you have people to help you.

Weird day today. My financial was just denied to UCSD. I can get a 2 year degree from there if I enlist in the Army afterwards. I just finished signing the papers today. Looks like I have a preslot MOS as an 11x Option 40, which is just infantry with some extra training.

salisian

Crescent Lite

I'm not a doctor, but I play one on TV (and basically everyone I date goes on to become one.)

Honestly, what you're describing sounds like some sort of cervical neuropathy. This might be related to issues with posture or spinal damage. If getting in the water habit doesn't work (and you SHOULD GET IN THE WATER HABIT,) try neck massage. The fact that you can't swallow pills probably means *something* is borked in your neck, and that can lead to all sorts of cascading issues (weakness in arms, etc.)

Nebula

𝚜𝚙𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚗
Crescent Lite
The fact that you can't swallow pills probably means *something* is borked in your neck
Well, I have kinda a fear of swallowing pills I believe, but it could be what your saying, I'll have to remind myself to talk to my doctor about what's happening, to try to figure out what's going on, honestly, it has stopped lately so it might of just been a random thing, but never too cautious :D

also i may be struggling to get into the water habit;;; but I sWEAR ILL DO IT-

MisterWhy

---

I would definitely recommend taking a gap year. That's basically what I'm doing right now as I'm homeschooled and missed a few things in my 12th year due to my curriculum not getting shipped correctly. As for the pills, I was never able to take them with water but here's how I do it. (This is a bit gross and it works for me idk if you'd prefer it or not.) I will eat something then after chewing it throw a pill in there and swallow the food and the pill. You obviously would have to be careful how much you're swallowing and what you're swallowing can make a difference. (Sweet things are better [Oreos]) Again all my opinion. Yeah, I definitely think that gap year is a good idea. It can give you time to think about what you wanna do, I'm kind of in the same predicament myself.