Other Set players new to the server to opt out of being detective

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

TheDrunkenMagi

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
It's kind of annoying to teach people brand new to TTT to use their scanner and buy things when they don't even know what a traitor is.

• Dislike
Reactions: Lavernius Tucker

Lavernius Tucker

Monky
Crescent Plus
The only way you figure it out is by actually playing detective, and if you're new to TTT and don't read the F1 menu you're either an idiot or not playing TTT to actually play TTT, you just want to RDM.

TheDrunkenMagi

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
I feel like most newcomers don't read the F1 menu anyways. It's like reading the game guide for a game you just bought, people just want to figure it out on their own. I don't think it's fair to assume they just want to RDM either.
Still it's a respectable opinion, but I haven't changed my mind.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I mean just kind of seems pointless.

New players get the hinter to press F1 to learn how to play, if they don't read it thats their fault. So if someone is a bit of a Bot they learn it by themselves or they just get help from others like how to access the menu what to drop etc.

Doesn't seem needed imo.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity

The only way to get better is by experience. We’ve all been there but all we can do is show them how it works and wait for a traitor to mow them down so we can grab the scanner. Maybe instead we could add a tutorial like we have for the Crescent Hub if it is their first time being detective on our server.