Other Skins from outside CS:GO added via creators' permission? A.k.a Community Crate 1

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Lite
CS:GO workshop's vast and uneasy, given how it's usually just a handful of folks whose skins get selected into the pool every update, while newcomers have virtually no chance to be noticed.

What if we helped them?

I opened my list of favourited CS:GO workshop submissions and noticed that a large part of these barely got a couple thousand views, while most popular skins can exceeded half a million viewers. Hell, one of them (XM1014 | Annex) doesn't even have a thousand (964 as for writing this thread). Many of these skins were submitted in 2015!

What if one of Crescent admins was delegated to ask some skinmakers for permission to use their skins here? Sure, some would disagree, some would demand money, some would ignore the friend invite or message, but I'm sure some would be happy to let Crescent use their skin, maybe for a little credit.

Here are just 10 (because Crescent allows to embed max 10 images) of a couple underrated weapon skins that have no chance to appear in CS:GO I would personally love to see in game.

AWP | Electric Blue - 2.3k views (could be rare)

FAMAS | Green Graphics - 5.0k views (could be rare)

Glock-18 | Serix - 3.1k views (could be rare)

Nova | African Rules - 4.4k views (could be rare)

M249 a.k.a H.U.G.E | Green Booster - 5.5k views (could be precious)

Tec-9 - Galvius - 4.0k views (could be precious)

XM1014 | Annex - 0.9k views (could be precious)

AK-47 | Cursor - 6.9k views (could be exotic)

P90 | Death Line - 4.8k views (could be exotic)

Tec-9 | Nailer - 3.5k views (could be legendary with a custom trait that changes hitscan bullets to projectile nails dealing more damage)

Reactions: Anna and MiGGo

Satoru

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite
Hey, this is a question i’ve asked opal before they will be focusing on the cs go skins the ones already accepted by valve first before adding non valve accepted ones these are dope af tho

Reactions: Siddo

Carned

✘o ✘o
Crescent Lite
There's so many hot gun skins in CS:GO so far to go through before focusing on these imo but still a good ideal for longevity.

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Lite
before adding non valve accepted ones
So "third-party" skins are gonna be a thing? That's great! But yeah, it'd never hurt to ask the creator to use it in future. That way all legality and file transfer would be done before they have to be.

Pups

Honestly i prefer the idea of us making our own. Like our own little texturing competitions. We could also set up tutorials for those who have never textured before. Could be a good way to get people to be creative and learn something new.

Then have a content creator crate. Some players could feel very proud of what they contributed.

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Lite
Honestly i prefer the idea of us making our own. Like our own little texturing competitions. We could also set up tutorials for those who have never textured before. Could be a good way to get people to be creative and learn something new.

Then have a content creator crate. Some players could feel very proud of what they contributed.
Por que no los dos?

Or for the less Spanish-inclined: why not both?
Drawing on high quality 3rd party content is a great way to add more unique things to the community. Maybe some of those creators would even be up for doing custom jobs for Crescent in the future, who knows.

Having community contests to create new skins for those with the skills and interest sounds like a blast too, and I think that's a great idea. I think you should suggest that as a separate thing to this thread :3

Reactions: Anna and Zyp