Accepted Small Sonar nerf

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

MiGGo

Ok so currently Sonar has no counterplay, which makes it kinda frustrating to play against at times, so I'm suggesting two simple things.

Sonar does not show people through walls, IF they are disguised and/or shadowbound. I think it makes sense cuz a person that is Shadowbound is invisible from plain view, and a person that is disguised is already hidden from radars, so it makes sense if they also dont show up in a sonar.

There might be more situations where a player should be hidden from Sonar but I can't come up with any.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I mean in the end of the day the only thing you can really to do it is either what you suggested or you make the cooldown longer making it less spammable

UncleBee

Veteran Member
Crescent Lite
how about nerfing it by not making it trace u fully, but just a snapshot

MiGGo

thats kinda how it is already in some cases where a player is in a room that isn't "rendered" by source engine, but I guess it'd be a lot more fair in most cases if you only got to see one (or two so you can determine the direction they're moving) snapshot of them.

Siddo

IQ below 0
Crescent Lite
Sonar does not show people through walls, IF they are disguised and/or shadowbound. I think it makes sense cuz a person that is Shadowbound is invisible from plain view, and a person that is disguised is already hidden from radars, so it makes sense if they also dont show up in a sonar.
This has officially been implemented as of today's patch:
Sonar
  • Duration: 4s -> 3s
  • No longer detects disguised or shadowbound players.
  • Fixed a bug where Sonar could not be activated using the "impulse 10" bind.

Status
Not open for further replies.