Denied Staff Needed Notification

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

xoxo

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Sometimes, staff can't be always online.
Thus, opalbot can try and do something similar to what was done on SGM where users can use the command to ping staff to specific server.
Alternatively, could try and create a channel for us to ping staff that we need staff on certain server.

Zyp

Veteran Member
please +1

UncleBee

Hardcore Member
Crescent Plus
yes +1 im suprised opalbot doesnt have this feature already 🤔

Anna

big titty bitch
Crescent Plus
yea i dont see why we couldn't have this feature +1

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
I initially removed this feature from OpalBot since it proved fairly inefficient previously. Staff grow ignorant of the pings and it becomes nothing more than a nuisance. Despite multiple variations it went through, we never found a way to make this concept actually work.
There are probably better ways to do this, and I'd love to hear ideas.

Reactions: Elvis

UncleBee

Hardcore Member
Crescent Plus
instead of pinging, why dont u make a separate hidden channel on discord only see-able for staff somewhere high up where its very noticeable for staff.

like this
1571756642036.png

and when someone calls for help through opalbot, opalbot will react on this channel and it will highlight:
1571756678875.png

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
I think that some system could be useful. However, I could see people abusing this system and in most cases if there is mass RDM it will be dealt with automatically by the karma system. Maybe a better approach would be a vote/multiple people must request a staff member. I know that RDM can be frustrating and ruin the game but if we drop what we’re doing to go and investigate and it’s a false report it most definitely irk the staff member that responded.

Having karma persist through map changes would definitely help mitigate RDM but at the same time if you accidentally killed multiple innocents or traitor buddies you would have bad karma until you play a couple rounds.

That’s my stance on the situation, I know I have only just became a trainee but I have had similar systems in place on a Mincecraft server that I ran.

Reactions: Virunas

Elvis

In the past, staffing in communties that has a system like this really makes it feels like a job rather than a volunteer position. Like opal said it becomes a nuisance more than anything. -1 (im not staff but i relate)

helix

science!
Honored Member
I'm going to go ahead and deny this... for now. We can reevaluate this in the future, but currently, with the staff team we have, if people are available, they're pretty good at keeping track of discord and hopping on when someone is in need.

We can reevaluate this in the future if the needs warrant it, but right now, I don't think the need is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.