Denied Streamer/Content Creator Perks/Roles on the Discord

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterWhy

Since Crescent is releasing soon. Many people will probably create content on you servers :) This can help spread the word on how great crescent is and what special features it has! I'm a content creator myself, I have 365 Subscribers currently and try to upload weekly on my YT channel. I was wondering if there'd be any perks for promoting crescent by creating videos or other content for it, as well as possibly a unique role on the discord. If anyone has any ideas feel free to leave a comment.

Reactions: Anna and helix

helix

science!
Honored Member
I do like the idea of this. It's beneficial on both ends. Exposure for not only us, but the content creator as well.

One thing that I'm struggling with personally Is what perks exactly would be good for something like this. Any ideas, ya'll?

Reactions: MisterWhy

Zyp

Veteran Member
What content is gonna be made? Like streaming is iffy, depending on the streaming rules, if it was what I remeber being 15 mins, that's very harsh on streamers, and well, videos are videos.

The other issue is that well, what limits are we setting as a content creator, like subs, followers etc. And well, if we are giving them ingame perks what are we gonna do to appease the plebs.

I personally dislike the idea as most places set the content creators above players, and that isnt a good idea in my head.
My only suggestion is make a content creator channel, it is where content creators can show and announce their videos and streams, what content that is is up to others.

Anna

big titty bitch
Crescent Plus
What if there was an option for people that are given the special role, to have a recolour on their guns that match the role they get on discord? Then people would know in game that they are content creators? Its not like its overpowered or anything like super exclusive that would ruin the premise of the game, however it still allows for the people that put time into content that is viewed and garners interest a chance to feel a lil special since they don't HAVE to make stuff for their viewers about the server.

I'm also for a set channel for people to be able to announce their content so that it doesn't get washed away with general chit chat in shoutbox and the likes.

MisterWhy

What content is gonna be made? Like streaming is iffy, depending on the streaming rules, if it was what I remeber being 15 mins, that's very harsh on streamers, and well, videos are videos.

The other issue is that well, what limits are we setting as a content creator, like subs, followers etc. And well, if we are giving them ingame perks what are we gonna do to appease the plebs.

I personally dislike the idea as most places set the content creators above players, and that isnt a good idea in my head.
My only suggestion is make a content creator channel, it is where content creators can show and announce their videos and streams, what content that is is up to others.
The limits could be up to the Developers/Whoever handles it (Minimum Sub Count etc...) I was thinking some sort of cool rank or cosmetic or something along those lines. I don't see the issue with setting them above regular players either because they put time into creating content which promotes the server.

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Plus
How about map boosting and mutliplied votes would be some of the perks? For example, people with CC (Content Creator) rank would be able to boost a map into the mapvote and their votes on a map count as 3 regular votes to increase the chance of it being played.

Carned

✘o ✘o
Crescent Plus
How about map boosting and mutliplied votes would be some of the perks? For example, people with CC (Content Creator) rank would be able to boost a map into the mapvote and their votes on a map count as 3 regular votes to increase the chance of it being played.
Never add this as a perk ever for any rank because it ruins map voting.

Reactions: zeccep

Methelin

Crescent Content Coordinator
Crescent Plus
Map boosting is a great way to play underrated maps, it just needs a map cooldown to avoid players boosting Dolls 24/7. For example, everytime a map X is boosted, it cannot be boosted or appear in the map vote for 2 hours or 5 map changes.

Agent Knockout

To be honest, I am down for both recoloring versions of skins and 3-4X map boosting, as long as it is with a very long cooldown after being used. Something like 4 hours can do.

MisterWhy

To be honest, I am down for both recoloring versions of skins and 3-4X map boosting, as long as it is with a very long cooldown after being used. Something like 4 hours can do.
I agree with Agent. Both would be cool perks. And they wouldn't really be too "overpowered" as some might say.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
I don't think giving in-game perks/rewards for content creators makes sense. If anything, I'd look into promoting such creators on the website/forums instead. Maybe a list of "Promoted Creators" that is visible on the front page or something like that, provided they meet some criteria.

RickBOT

Banned
Banned
Crescent Infinity
I don't think giving in-game perks/rewards for content creators makes sense. If anything, I'd look into promoting such creators on the website/forums instead. Maybe a list of "Promoted Creators" that is visible on the front page or something like that, provided they meet some criteria.
yes i dont need a special skin or anything, i would just like my videos to not be buried in shoutbox after like 15 minutes

• Funny
Status
Not open for further replies.