Accepted T Baiting

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
In its current state, t baiting isn't reportable. Even though people can easily t bait to ruin someone's round or troll their karma, it still has no reprecussions to doing it. I feel like it should be reportable, with autoslays or something. I'm encouraged to make this post because in a round I just had as detective, I bought a drone. Then, Lego shot and destroyed my drone as an innocent, but he didn't get any punishment because it is classified as T-Baiting, which isn't reportable. This should be changed.

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Infinity
I can see the appeal of your argument. There is little if any reason for an inno to destroy a drone or a health station. What punishment would you propose for doing so? I personally think that a slay is unreasonable in this situation. I don't feel like the situation comes up naturally enough to say that karma is a significant issue. The karma system is pretty lenient as is, so if it is an issue for you, then that's separate.

Intentionally tbaiting a specific person repeatedly is a different situation entirely. While the tbaiting part of it isn't punishable, it falls under targetting and harassment, which definitely is punishable.

So while I agree with your reasoning, I don't think tbaiting specifically needs to be punished. I am curious to hear what other people have to say about it though.

Reactions: Demon

TheSpookenDoot

Hardcore Member
Crescent Infinity
Damaging a detective's drone or health station is considered a traitorous act and is KOS-able. The punishment for that action is the KOS and subsequent killing of that player. If a player is repeatedly doing this as an innocent you should report them for Toxic Gameplay, not RDM.

traitorous2.png

Reactions: Demon

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity
I can see the appeal of your argument. There is little if any reason for an inno to destroy a drone or a health station. What punishment would you propose for doing so? I personally think that a slay is unreasonable in this situation. I don't feel like the situation comes up naturally enough to say that karma is a significant issue. The karma system is pretty lenient as is, so if it is an issue for you, then that's separate.

Intentionally tbaiting a specific person repeatedly is a different situation entirely. While the tbaiting part of it isn't punishable, it falls under targetting and harassment, which definitely is punishable.

So while I agree with your reasoning, I don't think tbaiting specifically needs to be punished. I am curious to hear what other people have to say about it though.
If you think a slay is too much, then maybe something like losing a credit on your next detective / traitor round

Demon

Certified Gamer
Crescent Infinity

Even so just now like a minute before writing this, I was playing and someone destroyed my drone so I shot at them and they just turned around and 1 shot me to the face with a deagle making me lose my detective round.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
I mean i agree with pigeon here.

It doesn't warrent a slay, in the end of the day all they are doing is destroying a drone or a healthstation, i don't think making them lose a credit on a t round is any point tbh. Maybe make them lose some karma, killing someone makes you lose what 110 karma at times? Destroying a drone or a hs make it like 50-60 karma loss each time.

Don't want it too low and not too high ya feel me???

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Contrary to what the others said, I disagree with destroying a drone as an innocent not being punishable. It's clearly a toxic act and apparently a fair share of people abuse it. There is no reason for an inno to destroy a defensive item of a teammate, period. You hinder your teammates and waste their credits. That's not right.

I discussed this with the team and we decided to make this both reportable and punishable, like RDM. I will update the rules shortly.
Note: this is specifically for the drone. Other forms of t-baiting aren't being changed.

Thanks for suggesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.