The New Crescent Forums

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

Opalium

Stay awesome
The New Crescent Forums

Hello, players!
Welcome back to the forums. As you can see, quite a lot has changed since last time. Here's a quick list of what changed so far and what is expected next:
  • I took the time to reorganize and redesign a lot of things in forums, based on your previous feedback:
    • The old theme has been replaced with a new, better designed one.
    • Navigation is easier now, especially in the forums list.
    • The useless sections and clutter are (mostly) gone.
    • Site emails are now properly arriving and not being detected as spam anymore. Emails are hell to deal with, sadly.
    • And a lot of bugs were fixed.
  • I upgraded the forums to XenForo 2.1, which brings a whole new set of features and fixes:
    • The reactions system is making a comeback.
    • A new trophy system is available.
    • Push notifications for supporting devices have been added.
    • Shoutbox emojis are now native Unicode rather than images (except for Discord emojis)
    • Internet Explorer 9 and 10 are no longer supported. In case you still use those - stop.
  • I updated all of Crescent's addons with many improvements:
    • SBridge and DiscordLink have been rewritten to work with OpalBot v2, which also means they are much faster and more stable.
    • SBridge now supports Discord-like mentions on the forums too.
    • The infamous delay between shouts has been removed. Shout to your heart's desire.
    • The store was completely rewritten from scratch to increase both its functionality (which you will see soon) and speed.
    • Steam account linking has been made a lot more robust.
    • The "What's New?" page is now auto-refreshing (and you can control the time too).
    • We have some new features such as mini-avatars for mentions.
  • Finally, I reconfigured some things behind the scene to dramatically increase the speed of the site. With proper caching and a major reduction in queries, pages should load almost instantly now for most users. The difference can be felt especially in the more busy areas which were fairly slow before, like the homepage or Shoutbox.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Top 10 New Features

Top 10 lists are all the hype these days, so I made my own. Here are the Top 10 new features in the new Crescent Forums:

1. Personal wide-mode:
    There is now a new button at the bottom of the forums, near the style selector, which allows you to enable or disable wide-mode. Wide-mode makes the forum stretch throughout the entire width of the window, rather than being centered with margins on both sides. Now you can choose your own preference!

firefox_7kOPimUBHx.png
  2. Sidebar collapse button:
    Another new button, found near the search box at the top of some pages, allows you to collapse (hide) the sidebar. This is useful if you want to use all of your screen space for the main content.

firefox_5WPTAn4f3q.png
  3. "What's New?" page auto-refresh:
    The "What's New?" page now supports automatic refreshing, with the time between refreshes customizable. This way, you can always keep up with the latest content from the forums.

firefox_c7wWfOuMKZ.png
  4. Original Poster indicator:
    In threads, the original poster will now have a little icon below their name to quickly identify them as the OP.

firefox_xRPiuZi3Xq.png
  5. Multiple styling options for Shoutbox:
    Instead of having to choose between Bold, Italic or Underline, you can now use any combination of the three. Of course, message color is also customizable.

firefox_sFNiinXPNP.png
  6. Crescent Font and Horizontal Line BB Code buttons:
    You can now quickly add the Crescent Font and HR BB code using buttons in the editor, rather than typing those tags manually.

firefox_LYBZSxBqSD.png

7. Mentions mini-avatar:
    Mentioning a user will now show a mini-version of their avatar near the mention link.
  8. Shoutbox tagging:
    You can now tag other users in Shoutbox, just like in Discord. Simply use the @ sign and then type their name.
  9. Styling auto-update in Shoutbox:
    If you change your message styling in Shoutbox, your previous messages will automatically update to show this new style (as soon as you refresh the page).
  10. Shoutbox posting delay removed:
    With the improved Shoutbox add-on, the delay between shouts has been removed. Hurrah!