The New Crescent Forums
Welcome back to the forums. As you can see, quite a lot has changed since last time. Here's a quick list of what changed so far and what is expected next:
- I took the time to reorganize and redesign a lot of things in forums, based on your previous feedback:
- The old theme has been replaced with a new, better designed one.
- Navigation is easier now, especially in the forums list.
- The useless sections and clutter are (mostly) gone.
- Site emails are now properly arriving and not being detected as spam anymore. Emails are hell to deal with, sadly.
- And a lot of bugs were fixed.
- I upgraded the forums to XenForo 2.1, which brings a whole new set of features and fixes:
- The reactions system is making a comeback.
- A new trophy system is available.
- Push notifications for supporting devices have been added.
- Shoutbox emojis are now native Unicode rather than images (except for Discord emojis)
- Internet Explorer 9 and 10 are no longer supported. In case you still use those - stop.
- I updated all of Crescent's addons with many improvements:
- SBridge and DiscordLink have been rewritten to work with OpalBot v2, which also means they are much faster and more stable.
- SBridge now supports Discord-like mentions on the forums too.
- The infamous delay between shouts has been removed. Shout to your heart's desire.
- The store was completely rewritten from scratch to increase both its functionality (which you will see soon) and speed.
- Steam account linking has been made a lot more robust.
- The "What's New?" page is now auto-refreshing (and you can control the time too).
- We have some new features such as mini-avatars for mentions.
- Finally, I reconfigured some things behind the scene to dramatically increase the speed of the site. With proper caching and a major reduction in queries, pages should load almost instantly now for most users. The difference can be felt especially in the more busy areas which were fairly slow before, like the homepage or Shoutbox.