Denied to ban people that metagame

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

f4dd3

Crescent Lite
i have seen many people that metagame i think the should get a warn or the get baned.

first off all we have a rule about metagaming and the fucking mods and admin are doing it its fucked up.

one time i saw a half full server metagaming and if nobody do nothing about it this server will die because it always the same people that join the server.

the do the task and then just leave all people want new people to join then i think the metagaming rule should be stricter.

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Now theres multiple views on this and Torb if you read what we put in the discord you would see these views.

The rule needs to be reworked yes, people will always metagame being like "let me kill you" not going to stop people from letting them kill you if you don't care that much.

It also makes people want to play, as people come on the majority of the time to do tasks then go. If people come on to do tasks it means people are on to populate the servers.

However stupidly bad metagaming like a T suiciding constantly to make the map change quicker or purposely ruining gameplay then its kinda shit.

Certain tasks/certain situations of metagaming should be stopped. Us as staff should probably have a discussion on what we view as bad metagaming and what isn't going to ruin the game to a certain degree then rewrite the rule. But you will never get rid of it as people will always let you kill someone within 20m or within 10m, or people healing for a detective task. If its not stupidly ruining gameplay for everyone then it should be fine but if its bad metagaming then we should warn then do something about it

Reactions: f4dd3

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Infinity
Right, this is my opinion on the matter.

Yes it's metagaming, but it's only problemataic if the people online don't want to participate. If everyone agrees to it, I don't see an issue with it even if it is metagaming. Now I've been part of a decent amount of it, and for the most part it happens on low pop servers. The issue is that it isn't as simple as, "if we ban metagaming on tasks, then I'll be able to actually play the game." TTT with 2-8 people is incredibly boring, and the fewer players are on, the less likely others are to join. Task farming at least gives people something to do with low pop and helps repopulate the servers.

John_F_Kennedy

Crescent Lite
Honestly this is my take on this.

Tasks are simply too easy. Most daily tasks are way too simple or the amount is too low. one of my dailies was to get 4 headshots.

i've seriously seen people ask to line up and stand still so they can get their headshot daily done. Some people just dont want to have any difficulty in their rewards.
Increase some of the daily tasks requirements. dont increase the healing one. And also the healing task sure its ass. but its like 300-500 healing and you have an entire day to do it.
c4 task metagaming happens on populated servers aswel(to what pigeon says) and it'll just be one person planting a 10min c4in a group of people and then someone purposely defusing it in the middle of those people to give them kills. now this is hella metagaming since they usually watch this person plant the c4 and they decide to defuse it to kill all those innocents without "RDMing"

saying Task grinding keeps the server populated, Sure to some extent, but thats if they are farming Weekly or monthly ones, Most the daily ones you finish really really fast. And then they leave. especially if it is later in the month when majority of people already finished their monthlies/weeklies.

And if lets say a new person joins the server while people are metagaming and not 100% sure what they are doing it looks really confusing if they walk in on 5 people just letting 1 guy shoot all of them down with a silenced pistol for role kill daily.

Metagaming needs a rework and a punishment for it.

And if anyone is gonna say anything yes, i have metagamed for the healing task. Why should people not metagame if we arent gonna enforce the rules on it. ( this comment is here because it was brought up into the dicussion yesterday that i didnt have a say in it cause i metagame aswel)

Teamgun

:)
Crescent Ultra
Tasks are simply too easy. Most daily tasks are way too simple or the amount is too low. one of my dailies was to get 4 headshots.

Increase some of the daily tasks requirements. dont increase the healing one. And also the healing task sure its ass. but its like 300-500 healing and you have an entire day to do it.
c4 task metagaming happens on populated servers aswel(to what pigeon says) and it'll just be one person planting a 10min c4in a group of people and then someone purposely defusing it in the middle of those people to give them kills. now this is hella metagaming since they usually watch this person plant the c4 and they decide to defuse it to kill all those innocents without "RDMing"

saying Task grinding keeps the server populated, Sure to some extent, but thats if they are farming Weekly or monthly ones, Most the daily ones you finish really really fast. And then they leave. especially if it is later in the month when majority of people already finished their monthlies/weeklies.
it is almost like most people have other things to do with their days than grind their lives away on garry s mod
some people only have only 1-2 hours to do their tasks and sometimes you dont even get the roles you need to do them in that time

Last edited:
Reactions: MemeDaddy

John_F_Kennedy

Crescent Lite
it is almost like most people have other things to do in their days than grind their lives away on garry s mod
some people only have only 1-2 hours to do their tasks and sometimes you dont even get the roles you need to do them in that time

Oh you dont have the same amount of time as other people but expect the same amount of rewards as them? okay? you dont have the time. Well shit man that sucks but its not like if you dont get the tasks your family is gonna die.

You cant do the tasks and lose out on a crate or two. well shit that sucks. People have more time then you. Fuck well 🤷 bro

Teamgun

Crescent Ultra
Oh you dont have the same amount of time as other people but expect the same amount of rewards as them? okay? you dont have the time. Well shit man that sucks but its not like if you dont get the tasks your family is gonna die.

You cant do the tasks and lose out on a crate or two. well shit that sucks. People have more time then you. Fuck well 🤷 bro
its not like im doing anything productive with it its that waiting to get detective and heal somebody for 3 hours is not fun but yes make tasks harder because i want them to and i have so much time to invest in your great server mr.opal

also you sound very passive agressive are you mad that we killed moonlord without you or something why are you mad

Last edited:

Teamgun

Crescent Ultra
making tasks harder will only encourage metagaming more because people dont want to spend hours trying to get one task done

Last edited:
Reactions: Sephy and MemeDaddy

UncleBee

Hardcore Member
Crescent Lite
when helix was still a director i asked him some clarification regarding meta gaming, and he said that it wasnt allowed to metagame to get your tasks done, but the thing with this is that the staff team since then never enforced this ruling. i dont know what happened communication wise within the staff team, but at that time i saw even moderators doing meta gaming

i also see people mentioning not having enough time in their daily life to do task this and that, but people forget that the main core of TTT is to have fun playing the gamemode and not grinding for tasks. grinding tasks is a side activity which is not necessary to play the game.

Zax

Crescent Lite
this topic is dummy thicc

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Thanks for the feedback, both here and in the Discord discussion earlier. Me and the administration are currently discussing some ideas on how to resolve this properly. Metagaming of this sort is, unfortunately, a tricky problem to handle and requires more than just rule changes.

Give us a bit and we'll figure this out. 👌

i Sharded my Pants

Crescent Lite
Acting like metagaming is a problem, then is continually salty with the harassment.

F4DD3: toucan = toufag

Like, can you stop spamming the chat with your meaningless insults and then posting on the forums like anything you have to say matters?

• Dislike
Reactions: UncleBee

f4dd3

Crescent Lite
Acting like metagaming is a problem, then is continually salty with the harassment.

Like, can you stop spamming the chat with your meaningless insults and then posting on the forums like anything you have to say matters?
first off all he is being toxic and i dont like people toxic and stop sucking tougay

Dolph1n

we ballin my ninjas ⛹️
Crescent Lite

This isn't the place for this, if you have a problem with a player harassing you then you're free to make a forum report.

rog the dog

Am I the only one on this forum who's actually played organized Garry's Mod TTT before?

Like half of the posts I've seen on this forum are so obviously written by non-former admins that it's almost humorous.

When I was in high school (3 year administrator for one of the biggest servers) I would get a full-on hard-on going and ban the shit outta whoever had been metagaming. My leads called me "godmin" as a nickname caus I had such a nose for the metagamers and for those three years I was considered the most feared admin in our community.

The third year I led my team to the most metagame bans only to get fucked over by the owner in the teamspeak but that's another conversation (DM me if you're interested in hearing about it)

So, yeah. I hope yall can understand why I feel like their's such a big disconnect between myself and your typical crescent member. Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way lol

Status
Not open for further replies.