Weapon [Traitor Weapons] Calling all pyromaniacs!

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
I was thinking of ideas for traitor weapons when I thought of the idea of a Molotov cocktail which led me to do some digging and I found two great ideas for traitor weapons.
  1. Molotov cocktail: here
    • Basically, this would be a longer lasting incendiary grenade that would be more impactful. It has a great throwing animation and lets you ignite it and run around with it making it great to arm around a corner.
      1582304265480.jpeg
  2. Flamethrower: here
    • Basically this would be a high risk high reward T weapon. You’d shoot a stream of fire into a crowd dealing fire damage and igniting them. It has great VFX and could be balanced quite easily.
      1582304180308.jpeg
I’d love feedback on these two in the comments but currently our T weapon selection is quite limited.

EDIT: If we were only to get one of these two I’d totally prefer the flamethrower.

Also, with all of this fire we might need more ways to extinguish it so a new detective item could be added. It’s a fire hose and can be found here.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSpookenDoot

Pigeon

Pijon mustard
Crescent Infinity
Molotov looks good but the issue with the incend is less that it doesn't do enough damage and more that it's way too situational since people don't tend to stand still.

Flamethrower looks like it'll be the same issue as the gauss but worse, being impossible to fight against because of how badly it impacts aiming

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Molotovs are an interesting concept. They're basically on-impact incendiary grenades. I think the major problem with incendiaries currently is how they feel clunky as a fuse-based grenade due to the delay between landing and exploding Sure, it can be cooked, but by then you might miss the opportunity you had.
However, if we were to go this way, I'd rather change the functionality of incendiaries to this than to add a whole new weapon. Molotovs are guaranteed to outperform incendiaries if they are introduced, so we should avoid this duality altogether.

I agree with Pigeon on the latter, a flamethrower is a really cool idea yet a big problem when it comes to actual gameplay. It's the type of weapon that either ends up completely overpowering the competition or as a niche tool that is rarely used. With how Source handles fire especially, this is not something I can see working well in TTT.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Infinity
Molotovs are an interesting concept. They're basically on-impact incendiary grenades. I think the major problem with incendiaries currently is how they feel clunky as a fuse-based grenade due to the delay between landing and exploding Sure, it can be cooked, but by then you might miss the opportunity you had.
However, if we were to go this way, I'd rather change the functionality of incendiaries to this than to add a whole new weapon. Molotovs are guaranteed to outperform incendiaries if they are introduced, so we should avoid this duality altogether.

I agree with Pigeon on the latter, a flamethrower is a really cool idea yet a big problem when it comes to actual gameplay. It's the type of weapon that either ends up completely overpowering the competition or as a niche tool that is rarely used. With how Source handles fire especially, this is not something I can see working well in TTT.
Well, the addon I linked uses vFire. It’s way more realistic and has a lot of cool features. I’d have to test the flamethrower but it would have to do a good amount of damage to be too overpowered imo. Getting lit on fire is obnoxious but I was thinking more of a heat ray where it just would deal damage and burn for only a little bit once you leave the fire.

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
Well, the addon I linked uses vFire. It’s way more realistic and has a lot of cool features.
Yes, it's a great add-on, but it has very little that fits into our game. Things like fire spreading and attaching don't make sense in TTT and would just create new gameplay problems and unnecessary overhead to the server.