Denied [TTT] AUG rate of fire

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

(¬‿¬)

(¬‿¬)
Affected Services:
TTT​

Title:
AUG rate of fire​

Description:
I had a feeling the aug is shooting slower when using the scope so I did some testing and here is the result -​
Scoping in it took me approx 4 seconds to shoot 38 bullets (human error is negligible imo). This means the rate of fire while scoping in is 570 rpm.​
Without the scope it took 3.5 seconds. Therefore, without the scope your rate of fire is 651rpm.​
Now, the mods I have on the gun - Rapid fire 3, trance 3 (these two affect rate of fire by adding 20% and reducing 10% respectively) alongwith ext 3 and marks 3.​
If you take a base aug with RoF being 545 - +20% for rf3 and (10%) for trance 3. I don't know how these % are added but if you net it out then it should be +10% i.e 599.5. So clearly the gun as well as mods which impact RoF have some sort of bug which lines up with this report https://crescent.gg/threads/ttt-rapid-fire-2-broken.1279/

Reproduction Steps:

Demonstration:

Last edited:

Opalium

Stay awesome
Two things:
  1. The internal calculations are based on the actual fire-delay value of the weapon - the delay between each shot. This means the math is somewhat different than with the RPM values you see in the tooltip (which are calculated from this fire-day value and are also rounded from simplicity). Your RPM assumptions are off as well. These slight variances/human errors are actually significant since we're talking about fractions of a second.
  2. Trance is applied on-top of the reduced delay value from Rapid Fire as a percentage reduction, so it's not really 20%-10%, but rather -10% of the modified value.

Let's do the math:
  1. The base delay value for the AUG is 0.11 (a bullet can be fired every 0.11s). This puts it at 545.45 RPM.
  2. Rapid fire 3 increases RoF by 20%. 20% of 0.11 is 0.022, so 0.11 - 0.022 = 0.088, which is 681.81 RPM.
  3. Trance 3 then removes 10% from that, which is done by dividing the value by 0.9. 0.088/0.9=0.0977, which is 614.12 RPM.

Hope this clears it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.