Accepted [TTT Staff] andrewca79 (STEAM_0:0:90429255)

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewca79

Crescent Plus
TTT Staff Application
andrewca79
STEAM_0:0:90429255 | andrewca79#0543 | UTC+1

Your Application
Hi, I'm Andrew, a 17 year old university student studying software development. When Crescent relaunched, I wasn't sure if I was going to apply for staff or not due to me not having touched gmod for the past 9 months ish. However, when I joined for the first time after the relaunch and playing for a bit, I fell in love with gmod again and hence I am making this application as I genuinely enjoy staffing and helping the playerbase.

Now to answer the questions in the Applying for Staff thread:

How much time can you dedicate to your staffing duties? Can you commit yourself to staffing in the long run? For weeks? Months? Maybe even years? Will your personal life (school/work/etc) make it difficult for you to maintain this?

I'm not sure how much time I can dedicate exactly, however I can definitely meet the 10 hour/week requirement. The reason I'm not so sure is since I started uni, I've had much less free time as a lot of my time is spent at uni rather than at home on my PC since I have really long days. In January however, I will have my first exam session and at the end, my timetable will completely change and have no idea of what it will look like. However, I still, most likely, will be able to meet the requirement unless it's a really grave change.

Do you know our gamemode and rules well enough? If you were to be asked some questions right now about the rules, could you answer them all?

I know the rules and gamemode very well, my past experience as an admin at SGM has given me plenty of insight into the rules (which are very similar to Crescent's) and workings of the gamemode. I am rather sure that if I were questioned right now, I would be able to answer them all as I haven't forgotten the rules since my last tenure, however, I did do some brushing up before writing this application just to be sure.

How well do you handle pressure? How well do you handle social interactions? Staffing means being constantly in touch with other players, for better or for worse. Can you handle this kind of a role?

I would like to say that I handle pressure very well, I am quite a relaxed, calm person and I don't really get stressed easily, which definitely contributes towards this. Regarding social interactions, I've never had an issue with communicating with other players about staffing related problems, such as why they got a slay or asking questions in general and communicating my reasoning. I do struggle, however, regarding actual social interactions like expressing myself/my opinions to others or just talking in general, as I am rather shy and introverted. I do not think this would hinder my staffing capabilities as since I've known many of the people here for some time, it is much easier for me, but I wanted to make that weakness known to give an accurate representation of myself, as I'm sure that you know if you were staff with me at the time, I rarely spoke/expressed myself, however it has definitely gotten better since my last tenure.

What skills do you bring to the table that can make you into a solid candidate? What can you do to help us make Crescent better?

I believe that my strengths are my extensive experience as an admin at SGM, in which I learned a lot about teamwork, communicating effectively to players about their inquiries and the rules. One of the most important things I learnt though, was to find a balance between "robotic" staffing and "letting loose" staffing. No one wants a staff member who just sits in spectator mode, handles reports and leaves without interacting with the players at all. On the other side of the coin, no one wants a staff member who is too relaxed and doesn't take his/her position seriously or doesn't know how to be professional when the need arises. I am also bilingual with English as my main language and Maltese as my second, however Maltese is not a very widely spoken language so it's unlikely to come in handy while staffing but I thought to list it nonetheless. I believe that with these qualities and my desire to help out definitely have the potential to make Crescent a better place.

How is your reputation in the community? What is your discipline history like? Would either of these things be a problem when you try to apply?

I believe that I have a good reputation in the community as I'm not one to break the rules or cause trouble in general and enjoy helping others. Regarding my discipline history, I have had 2 bans at SGM in the past due to some accidental mistakes, which I can get into if you want, however these bans were both voided and were nearly 3 years ago before I started my staffing tenure there. I don't think that any of these would be a problem that could effect my staffing capabilities.

In conclusion, thank you for taking the time to read my wall of text of an application, and I look forward to hearing from you!​

Relevant Experience
Mod at SGM: 7/4/2017 to 17/7/2017
Admin at SGM: 17/7/2017 to 8/10/2018
Overseer at Crescent: Not sure of the exact dates, but around a year ago​

Availability
I am available every day except maybe Tuesdays since I have from 9:00 to 20:00 at uni, and when I return home I would be pretty tired. I should be able to staff on the other days of the week though. Regarding times, mainly during the evenings for EU time except for Sat, Sun and Mon where I can also do morning/afternoon for EU (can't do evenings on Mondays though due to classes). However, as mentioned before, I'm sure I will be able to maintain the minimum requirement at the very least.​

Status
Not open for further replies.