Accepted [TTT Staff] Harvest (STEAM_0:0:39809097)

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harvest

TTT Staff Application
Harvest
STEAM_0:0:39809097 | Cecaelia#5369 | UTC

Your Application
Starting out this application with the most pertinent piece of evidence to back me up -

With that out of the way, hi. I'm Harvest, though some of you may know me as Nicol Bolas, and I've been around in GMod TTT for almost four years now. I'd hazard that out of the 1216 hours I've played, at least 1210 would have been TTT related, spread across SGM and Crescent.

I am, for the most part, a friendly, welcoming, and helpful person. I've been moderating communities since 2005, and have had decent successes in many of them. I'm pretty chatty in-game, and I like to think I've met - and stabbed - most of you at this point. I know the rules by heart, and abide by them. I can talk and type in proper English, and occasionally do proofreading work for smaller companies.

As for why I want to be staff... there's a few reasons. The main one is that it always sucks when there's no mod around and someone gets RDM'd - nobody should be sat on the server feeling like someone's screwed them over and is going to get away scot-free. Secondly, I have a lot of free time for the foreseeable future, and I'd like to spend some of it helping Crescent out. And finally, I can see Crescent going places, and I want to be part of it. The Crescentcraft server showed that awesome stuff can be done, and it's clear already that that's carried over to Crescent TTT.

As for why you'd want to pick me - I'm smart, friendly, and willing to help. I have a lot of free time, and I'm going to be playing the game a lot either way. I know the rules, and am a stickler for them. I have experience in both moderating TTT and communities in general. I'd say I'm a perfect choice, if I weren't also extremely modest and humble.​

Relevant Experience
  • Moderated Legacy Online, a browser-based RPG from 2005 - 2009. Had experience as accounts admin (making sure people didn't cheat or multi-account) and community admin, overseeing the forums.
  • Became moderator then admin at Colin's Fun Server, one of the biggest public Terraria servers, from 2012 to 2014. This involved a lot of dealing with the community in general, and catching people using ever more creative methods of cheating.
  • Three staff tenures in SGM TTT. The third of these likely doesn't count much, as I stepped down shortly after being hired due to regrettable decisions made by the owner.

Availability
Pretty much all day for most days. The only time I'm generally unavailable will be Thursdays. I'm expecting to play 20+ hours on a weekly basis - probably more.​

Status
Not open for further replies.