Accepted [TTT Staff] Torbjörn (STEAM_0:0:28268935)

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
TTT Staff Application
Torbjörn
STEAM_0:0:28268935 | Torbjörn#0001 | UTC-6

Your Application
  • How much time can you dedicate to your staffing duties? Can you commit yourself to staffing in the long run? For weeks? Months? Maybe even years? Will your personal life (school/work/etc) make it difficult for you to maintain this?
I could see myself being able to staff Crescent for the next couple of years and maybe even beyond. I am currently a junior in college studying computer science and play video games in my free time. I definitely would have certain times when I might not be quite as active but otherwise I could see myself spending a couple hours a day playing on Crescent’s servers. The only times that I would really be limited in my play time would be during finals week.

• Do you know our gamemode and rules well enough? If you were to be asked some questions right now about the rules, could you answer them all?
I feel like I could answer them since they seem to be very similar to Serious TTT which I was an active player on for several years.

• How well do you handle pressure? How well do you handle social interactions? Staffing means being constantly in touch with other players, for better or for worse. Can you handle this kind of a role?
I feel like I could handle the pressure -- I have moderated numerous Garry’s Mod and Minecraft servers. I have plenty of experience handling reports and investigating to discover the truth.

• What skills do you bring to the table that can make you into a solid candidate? What can you do to help us make Crescent better?
I have a solid background in managing and staffing on servers and could help others in situations when they are unsure what to do. Besides running my own Minecraft server since 2009 I have learned how to program in Java and have programmed custom plugins for my Minecraft server -- if Crescent Craft ever came back I would also be great at moderating that server too.

• How is your reputation in the community? What is your discipline history like? Would either of these things be a problem when you try to apply?
I would say that my reputation in the community is pretty good. I do not think I have made any enemies and do not plan to.​

Relevant Experience
  • Owned my own Minecraft server since 2009. Recently paused it since player interest dropped and it just did not make much sense to keep putting effort into.
  • Was a moderator on Minecraft Survival Games - one of the largest Minecraft Survival Game server networks. Consisted of hundreds of servers in Asia, Europe, Australia, and the United States in its prime for a couple of years.
  • I was a head admin on a Tekkit Classic server after moving up the ranks through years of game play.
  • I was a moderator on a couple smaller "no name" TTT servers that have since closed.

Availability
I could definitely be available for the 10-hour per week requirement every week but would on average play even more than that.​

Status
Not open for further replies.