Other Weapon and Cosmetic Trade Ups

Welcome to Project Crescent
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!

Hazard

Darnell gonna get ya!
Crescent Plus
I was speaking to players on the server today and asking them what they thought would be a cool feature for the server and we came up with the idea of having a trade up system for weapon and player models. They limit for trading up per rarity would be 10 Blues for 1 Precious, 15 Precious for 1 Exo, and 20 Exo for 1 Legendary. The downside of said crafted guns should be that they cannot be scrapped (or scrap value being 0) or traded. I would like to hear more ideas on this subject as it interests me so leave some of your ideas!

gamz

+1 Really good idea. I've unboxed endless amounts of Precious, but nothing higher. It would be nice to at least guarantee something once in awhile.

Reactions: TheDrunkenMagi

Torbjörn

Making a chicken out of a feather!
Crescent Plus
I think something similar to CS:GO's system could work but it would need modifications to fit with Crescent's current rarity system. I think that if you collect enough precious and exotic skins you should be able to upgrade them a tier. However, I think it should be a purely random roll and not from the crates of which the skins came from. People shouldn't be able to manipulate the system to roll a specific skin like CS:GO's since that would make unboxing one less substantial. The upgraded ones could be locked to the owner that crafted them too so the impact on the market is less but wouldn't need to be necessary. It would need to be done right so unboxing doesn't become too crazy if you're able to turn "trash" that you'd normally just scrap into higher tier items.

Crafting up into legendary melees shouldn't be a thing either -- it will diminish their rare nature since less people open cosmetics as is. I think the craft up feature should only be for weapons (at least initially).