In Progress You're paying for 2 servers so you should be using both servers

Welcome to the best TTT community on Earth
It's so awesome to see you. Sign up and join the party!
Join Now

TheSpookenDoot

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
Wrote this in a different thread, but it was kind of off topic. So I'm making a separate thread for it.

There is a definite problem with one server getting stacked and the other being empty because people would rather do other things than wait for people to join. It kind of caps the entire Crescent population at ~24 members, (which is also the perception of people who would overflow into the second server).

You should prioritize two goals to fix this issue:
1) Some kind of trigger in the high population server that will make people want to join the low population server.
2) A method to keep them in the low population server long enough for new players to join either server and make 1 full/1 dead server impossible

Idea brainstorm for goal 1 > A simple message stating the method in goal 2 is in affect (if the goal 2 method is that incentivizing)
; a pop-up with a one time use link for the first X people to switch servers and get some kind of reward (like a free white crate or shards)
; a reward penalty based on server population difference, like the server gets less shards/win if the other server has less people (if you use this idea your an idiot and are going to piss everyone off, I'm just brainstorming it out there)

Idea brainstorm for goal 2 > A reward bonus based on server population difference, like you get more shards/win if the other server has more people
; An additional loot table with a very high (or guaranteed) drop chance full of "cheap" things like crates that only have whites or fun round tickets that expire in an hour if you don't use them
; A "dress-up" mode where for like the next hour on this server you have access to all cosmetics and guns, but lose them after that hour

Reactions: Torbjörn

Opalium

Stay awesome
Crescent Infinity
This isn't too far from my current plans for the renewed Kick Start system. The basic concept is to reward players for choosing the lower-pop server and provide an incentive to stay on it for long enough to seed it properly.

I like the additional 'loot table' idea. I think it's is an interesting concept that is worth looking into as part of this upgrade. As for the first goal, I'd rather avoid penalizing the more populated server and instead provide a stronger incentive for the other one. Players shouldn't be punished for wanting to play with the majority.

Very nice ideas overall. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Hex: Autism

Goose

Admin
Crescent Plus
My consideration is some sort of bonus for the other server if one server is highly popped. Example being a bonus to end round drop on server 2 if server 1 has 12 people or a luck bonus on server 1 if server 2 has 20 people.

If both servers are running good then both servers benefit from the other.

Reactions: TheSpookenDoot

Leo

The All Seeing Eyes Of The Gods
Crescent Plus
Also im assuming opals using a vps and running two servers on one cps TheSpookenDoot @TheDrunkenMagi so technicqlly hes paying for oneeeeee

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
It might also be a good idea to make it something like if you join to help kickstart the other server, you don't get the kickstart reward until you've been in the server for 5 minutes. This would make it less likely that someone would join for the reward and immediately leave after

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
It might also be a good idea to make it something like if you join to help kickstart the other server, you don't get the kickstart reward until you've been in the server for 5 minutes. This would make it less likely that someone would join for the reward and immediately leave after
This has been mentioned and is on opals to do list already. What the final outcome will be no one knows, but i expect it'll be if you join a lowpop'ed server that has been kickstarted you may gain a reward, lets say a case or two, then play 30 minutes you can either couple or cases or even X amount of shards.

But just know its on Opal's radar, and it is something he is keen on doing. But with ReCrescent taking up a lot of coding time this isn't top of the agenda at the moment i expect.

Reactions: Demon and Opalium

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
But with ReCrescent taking up a lot of coding time this isn't top of the agenda at the moment i expect.
Sorry, I'm somewhat new. What's ReCrescent?

Flire

Penguins > Pigeons
Crescent Infinity
Sorry, I'm somewhat new. What's ReCrescent?
ReCrescent is a massive update that both Veri and Opal are working on, changing alot of the core aspects of our TTT server. I'm sure they'll keep posting teasers and announcements in the disc for us to keep ontop of, even us staff don't know loads about it yet. It's in early stages

Reactions: Demon

Demon

Veteran Member
Crescent Plus
ReCrescent is a massive update that both Veri and Opal are working on, changing alot of the core aspects of our TTT server. I'm sure they'll keep posting teasers and announcements in the disc for us to keep ontop of, even us staff don't know loads about it yet. It's in early stages
Oh, nice! Do you know of an ETA of when it could be released?